22/04/2008

Jon Gray _entrevista


Jon Gray is a far-too humble designer working out of East London. He operates under the monicker “gray318” and is creating some of the most memorable and recognizable book covers on the market today. He was kind enough to grant us an interview: 

Fwis: What’s your background? How and when did you become interested in design?
Jon Gray:When I was 8 I decided to be an artist. Apparently this didn’t pay, but the careers advisor at school said that by adding the word ‘commercial’, I would become extremely rich. I adjusted my aspirations accordingly, did a basic foundation course and managed to con my way into the London College of Printing. LCP is like the design equivalent of marine training. I went in a boy and came out a … boring graphic designer. [Ler mais...]